Role: DB2 DB Administrator
Location: Eastwood, Libis, QC
Duration: 12 months
DB2 DBA provides daily service operations support to client and local teams requiring the data stored in that platform and ensuring database meet or exceed perfomance when access interactively or through batch operations. Other responsibilities are the ff: (but not limited to):
• Develop and enforce database standards, guidelines and operational policies and procedures
• Review physical structures and/or correct/recommend restructuring to improve performance.
• Review abd correct performance issue, implement maintenance and utilities associated with each structures (i.e., REORGS, LOAD, UNLOADS)
• Review necessary storage media (DASD and Tape)
• Review and correct SQL performance and tuning issues.
• Reviewing application's access to the database structures, ensuring secured computing environment
• Review and implement backup & recovery strategies
• Review and implement, where required, the purge/archive criteria of data
• Monitoring database/subsystem performance issues and recommend/implement long-term solution.
• Participate in all client/client team meetings including change control board, able to assess and review/analyze risks or impacts on any change entries that will be introduced to DB2 and mainframe subsystems
• Review Migration Plans and able to perform backout tasks seamlessly
• Review and implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies
• Provides analysis on batch job request configuration, execution and abends.
• Implement and review appropriate security guidelines/mechanisms ensuring appropriate users/authority are in place
• Grant authority to Local DBAs as necessary
• Review and monitor system and instance resources to insure continuous database operations (i.e., database storage, memory, CPU, network usage, and I/O contention)
• Perform database software maintenance by assisting in installation and specify initial installation options and developing test database migration procedures
• Evaluate and test new features/functionality, assess and resolve vulnerabilities and review/implement patch requirements and dependencies at infrastructure and applications-level.
Should you be keen to explore this opportunity , please feel free to email your updated CV to nbersabe
Please note that we will respond only to qualified candidates